Here's a question that we often hear from our PMP® exam prep students in the discussion forums.
This article focuses on the process of updating documents and we’ll also give you some tips for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) defines a change request as a formal proposal to modify any document, deliverable, or baseline. But do you really need to do a change request every time you want to add a new risk to your risk log?
Learn when you need a change request to update a project document, and when you don't.
Topics included in this article are:
- What Change Requests Are For
- What The PMBOK® Guide Says
- Change Requests Are Required For Controlled Documents
- What About The Project Charter?
- When You Don’t Need A Change Request
- PMP® Exam Questions on Updating Documents
Planning for, taking, and passing the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam can be a long and stressful journey. Let us help you take a little stress off by letting you know how to avoid seven of the most common mistakes identified by those who did not pass the exam the first time. Indeed, they have learned from it and made adjustments to pass on their second try.
These 7 common mistakes are:
1. Mistake 1 – Not planning an adequate path to PMP success|
2. Mistake 2 – Not having the “right” amount of confidence
3. Mistake 3 – Relying solely on free questions to study
4. Mistake 4 – Not taking full-length practice exams
5. Mistake 5 – Not fully understanding the ITTOs
6. Mistake 6 – Not fully understanding the formulas
7. Mistake 7 – Not properly preparing for exam day
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition is significantly different from the prior Fifth Edition in that it is published and bundled together with the Agile Practice Guide. The inclusion of this new practice guide has created some confusion around what a student should study to prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam.
That is why in this article, we give you answers to questions such as:
- What is the Agile Practice Guide?
- What does PMI say about Agile questions on the PMP exam?
- What Agile questions should I expect on the PMP Exam?
As you study for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam or even during your practice as a certified PMP®, you may end up questioning if a change request is required when a defect is found in a project. The answer to that is Yes. It is also required for minor fixes and even on things you are not sure need to be fixed.
This article answers the questions to:
- What is a change request?
- Does every defect repair require a change request?
- Does every change request require approval of the change control board (CCB)?
- Does every change request trigger the Perform Integrated Change Control (PICC) process?
The key to running a successful company is efficient project management using the best Kanban tool. Kanban is a popular project management approach, but what exactly is it?
This article will explain the Kanban philosophy and how to find the best Kanban project management tools for your team. We also share some inexpensive or free Trello alternatives that you can use to execute plans, projects, and strategies.
This article will give answers to questions such as:
- What is Kanban?
- Who invented Kanban?
- Why Should You Use Kanban in Project Management?
- The Importance of Kanban Boards in Project Management
- Choosing the Best Kanban Tool for Your Team
- Popular Kanban Tools to Improve Your Project Workflow