Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
By the time you’ve got through the first page of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) you’ll have read the terms Knowledge Areas and Process Groups. Add to that a ‘normal’ process and you’ve got three very different things that form the backbone of the book.
They overlap, interact and depend on each other. It’s essential to get your head around how everything slots together when you are preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam.
By the end of this article, you’ll fully understand the difference between a Knowledge Area, a Process Group and a process, how they complement each other and most importantly, why they matter.
This article discusses topics such as:
- The different Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Why we have Knowledge Areas
- 5 PMBOK® Guide Process Groups
- What process groups are for
- The difference between Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
- The 47 PMBOK® Guide Processes of Project Management
- The PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition Matrix Chart – Process Groups and Knowledge Areas Mappings
- Which process to use
- Tools for preparing for the exam
- What Project Integration Management is
Read it here: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmbok-knowledge-areas-and-pmi-process-groups