PMP Product Reviewing And Fact Checking
Hello dear Twitter Followers and Podcast Listeners
As you may know, I own a training company specializing in eTraining for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate from the Project Management Institute (PMI). We are both updating our existing products and also developing a new PMP training product that will be used by the consumer on their mobile device like iPod, iPhone, BlackBerry or other similar products.
I am personally updating the materials of our existing products and the training material for the new product is developed by our staff. We expect to have all the content ready soon. Everything is based on the new PMBOK Guide 4th edition which was released on December 31st 2008.
Currently, I am looking for a second and third pair of eyes to review all our training content. The person(s) reviewing the content must currently be PMP certified. So if you'd like to participate I would have to know your PMP certification number, Full Name and home town for verification with the PMI. (If you would like, then your name can appear on the product in a statement like "This product has been reviewed by John Doe, PMP and Jane Doe, PMP".)
You do NOT need an iPod, iPhone or similar. The content will be sent to you as a MS Office 2003 document. I am looking for someone who will take over the following responsibilities:
- Read the training content
- Make any necessary grammar/spelling corrections that we missed
- Ensure that the information provided is consistent with PMBOK Guide 4th edition
- Make recommendations for needed changes / additions (using the "Track Changes" function)
Payment: I am willing to pay for your work. However, a lot of PMPs who have responded to my call are listeners to The PM Podcast and they offered to do some reviewing for free - sort of as an "in kind payback" for the 3 years that they have listened to the free podcast. That was not my plan, but I appreciate the offer very much. And I do of course accept it.
- PMP certification number, Full Name and home town for verification with the PMI.
- Your hourly rate in US $ (or "free" if you want to do this as an "in-kind payback")
- How many hours you would be able to work on reviewing my products
Please note that this would be an official consulting engagement, which means that I would provide you with a US 1099-MISC statement for tax purposes.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Until Next Time,